Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Raspberries and Gloi

Haus of Gloi is one of my all time favourite B&B companies. Britton makes the most wonderful vegan products in some of the most amazing scents. Many of them are foodie or maybe foodesque, but she does have a wide variety of scents in her regular line plus seasonal scents that rotate in and out. In addition, she does occasional 'Reverie' offerings, one-off products which might be available as a perfume, a soap or something else. Her most recent Reverie is called White Raspberry and it's available as both a perfume and a soap. The perfume oil is currently in stock, and the soap is due to be restocked soon according to the HoG Facebook page.
"Tart raspberry and a clean cream accord " is how the perfume is described on the web page and I'd say that's a pretty fair description. I'd also say, that if you like the scent of raspberries, you should order this perfume ASAP before it's gone forever.  I have a few of HoG's Reverie scents and they are all a lot of fun, and you never know when she's going to run out. A few scents have been added to the permanent line, but most are get them while they're still around.

I love raspberries, both eating and smelling, so I ordered the perfume as soon as it was back in stock. I wasn't disappointed - the scent opens with a bright, tart ripe raspberry smell with just the faintest undertone of cream. After it's been on the skin for a while, it turns absolutely magical - the berry scent softens and the cream scent blooms into full, rich lusciousness. At this point it almost smells like a raspberry liqueur or cordial, or some wonderful raspberry drink smothered in melting whipped cream. It's such a simple combination, but it blends so seamlessly and wonderfully. And it lasts! Most oil based perfumes start to fade on me in a couple of hours, but this one just won't quit. Even after having worn it all day, I still get a sudden, blissful whiff of scent, long after I'd forgotten I was wearing it.  

I always expect magic from HoG, but this particular offering is an outstanding example of minimalism at it's finest.  I'm hoping I can snap up some soap when it's relisted.

Meanwhile, my Gloi summer scent haul is on it's way,  I'll give you all the details when I've gotten a chance to sniff it all.

Product photo property of HoG. All products were purchased by me for my own use. My opinions are my own and always will be. Your mileage may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment