Saturday, June 18, 2011

You had me at Unicorn Pee

Like many of you out there, I love makeup. Sure, if I had to choose between scent and paint, I'd go with scent, but it'd be tough. I went for an au natural phase for awhile and stopped wearing it, then I burned my leg very, very badly, and all my skin freaked out for awhile, I had to be so careful what I put on it  - and my skin is hyper sensitive to start with. So about a year and a half ago, at the same time I discovered indie perfumes, I discovered indie mineral makeup. I found Aromaleigh just as they began going out of business and went absolutely insane buying as much of it as I could before it was gone forever. And I bought A LOT.

Not that I'm complaining, but now I own a whole lot of eyeshadow (and other stuff - mostly eye shadow). I have a few other companies, Hi-Fi, Persephone, Moi, Meow, all good stuff. But by the end of the AL sale, the shadows were coming in big baggies, and there was a lot of trading. Around January, I looked at my stash and realised I had dozens and dozens of full e/s in baggies stuffed into various boxes, totes and bags waiting to be jarred and sorted so I could actually wear some of it. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to wear all of it. So I put myself on a makeup no-buy, until I got all that stuff sorted out. No more eyeshadow, blush or lipstick until I reclaim my bathroom from the grip of sparkly chaos.

AHAHAHAHAHA! Massive fail. I was good till just recently - okay I did get a f/s and a few samples from Meow's St. Patty's day sale but that hardly counted.  Then My Pretty Zombie was on Heartsy. And Linnaeus was having a sale (I've been lemming the gemsbok collection since I saw it). And Evil Shades did a twitter sale.


So anyway, I got my MPZ order already and HOLY COW! These shadows are amazingly buttery and creamy. The texture is just fantastic and it just feels so amazing to wear them. And the colours are amazing as well. My swatch-fu sucks, but I'll try putting some up tomorrow. I got Amacryst, Bride, 13 Gypsies, Unicorn Pee, Thundernuts and Gangrenous in full sizes and samples of  Tarayvonne, Nacreous Alchemy and Abyssal Gems. Every one of them is a winner and I know I'll head back for more. Meanwhile, I'm expecting some gemsbok in my mailbox any day now, as well as some Evil Shades goodness - I had to try Matte Silk after reading Grey's review. And you should totally head over to Linnaeus for some 20% off goodness while it lasts.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for posting on your blog, but we did not know how else to get in touch with you. We are waiting on your mailing address for the traveling box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem - my weekend to-do list kind of got held over and I totally forgot to email you - check your in box, you should have it now!

    ReplyDelete